Thursday, July 24, 2014

Woes of an Internet addict...


I am one of those Internet addicts who feels restless with an Internet-less laptop... 
A laptop without internet is as good as useless... 
Last month's Internet plan got over a day before the scheduled validity... and i woke to a  Saturday morning without Internet... I was using MTS and the recharging was mostly online before the validity getting over... 

This time, i don't have the option for online recharging because even my phone internet was not active... The second option was to go to the MTS store which i know was quite far... you need to get ready, take a metro and recharge and comeback by evening...

So i took the easy way; recharge vodafone... and use in the dongle... Unfortunately, at 10 am, the man at the local phone store didn't give me much options and i ended up recharging a low data plan... means i have to be really careful in the downloads...

I am used to a unlimited plan at any time and this plan made me quite uncomfortable... like closing the connection even when I am not using... I am so hooked to the news and updates and other activities that when the notifications stop coming, i feel like i am shut out from the rest of the world... Even when i am reading a book or doing something else, i would always look up for updates... i need all the updates to keep coming... 

This whole week had been irritating with internet woes, probably i will change my plan next week... But the whole process made me realize how addicted i am to Internet... what if i ended up some place where there is no connectivity of any kind... I will sure go insane in no time... 

Getting out of this Internet, should be a slow process... Reducing the internet activity can be tough... Facebook and twitter and score updates on the match days are the worst... cant just get away from them... for me, it will need quite a lot will power to stay away...


No comments: