Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My RunKeeper...


I have experimented with numerous fitness app ever since i had my first android phone… Whether it is for running or walking or working out, i always trusted some of them, especially the ‘endomondo’ which was the first among the many used…
What was cool about endomondo was we get to see the route map even after you share them in facebook or twitter… The speed, the distance, the calories burned looked almost accurate then… But, every app when they grow will come up with some bugs or drawbacks… What happened with endomondo for me was it made most of its services under premium (paid)… and other services needed lots more storage space which made my phone running slow…
So, i had to uninstall endomondo and then started my experimentation with other apps in googleplay… some apps, keep accurate fitness report… but when you keep the phone in your pocket, the report will be something else… some apps wont even show the running route map… or cals burned…
After reading many online reviews, i came across this app called ‘RunKeeper’… Almost perfect compared to the other apps i used… I can even keep my phone in my pocket; it wont affect in getting the proper gps… Pace, calories burned, distance travelled…. route map, everything looking accurate for me…
The awesome thing about the app is it update your distance, average pace and all every 5 minutes… For me, preparing for the marathon, it is a reminder every now and then… another cool thing i found was the data it keeps in website… endomondo, i could never open in my laptop and check my progress…

So, i am planning to stick with this app for a while… it keeps me motivated and gives me a record of my activities…

No comments: