Sunday, February 15, 2009

Brownie and Me/Us...


When i sat down to watch the movie 'Marley and Me' I never expected anything other than any other normal, not-so-boring, Hollywood movie... "a family learns life lessons from their adorable, but naughty and neurotic dog" review was also not so appealing... the only thing which put me to watch the movie was the adorable dog picture in the review columns... But i never expected me to be in tears at the end of the movie...
A real story by a journalist, the movie just told the story... that can be story of many others too... The movie reminded me of our own pet dog years back; almost 18.... He was Brownie... A German Sheppard with more of brown color... He was the first pet we had... Like Marley, he too was uncontrollable... and high spirited, strong... those days even we felt he's a bit neurotic, but yet lovable... he loved us kids...
But his ways made my parents keep him with less freedom... not letting him out because the neighbors were terrified of his behavior... Yet he was longing for the unlimited freedom which he never got... Like Marley his last days were indeed painful for us... Seeing him dying.... just like in the movie...
We never had a dog in our family after one more dog died in old age, immediately after Brownie...
Marley's story reminded me of my childhood... If we had a raised voice from us or someone fighting, our dogs used to bark till we keep our voices down, not appreciating what we were doing.... the lessons of life, we are learning not just from fellow humans... Anyways a wonderful movie... few of the kinds which turn the viewers emotional... like me....

3 comments:

--xh-- said...

:)

SwaZ!! said...

true about pets.

Kissy Rouse said...

I watched this movie just the other weekend (never saw this blog until now!)
I too cried at the end!! I was a little embarrassed but only human.