Friday, July 16, 2010

Sharpening my culinary talents....

What gives someone the motivation to cook?

For some people its a task of the day.... for someone its the job... for some its an art... everyone has got their own motivations in fact....

Ask me whether I loved cooking 10 years back... nope!!! i hated it.... The reason was I was at home... and under the shadow of the really 'expert' cook; my mom... i was just a helper... I love helping, but love to do the 'big big things' more than helping.... 'Cos a helper in a kitchen always gets the criticism if something comes good too... The first cake i bakes 11 years back was received with more criticism than appreciation...

Ask me now... yeah... its a great feeling.... That's the feeling i started getting from my Masid Banda home in hyderabad.... I found i really enjoy cooking there and i found i have got fans in my cooking... well, atleast jacob and sampy keep visiting me frequently... I dont remember exactly when i really started enjoying being in kitchen... but well, its all an art now.... I have downloaded a number of recipes... modified some... made that as mine....

I dont know how many people enjoy watching series like Top Chef.... but for me its one of the best.... well, i will never be competing in shows like that for sure, but would love if get a chance... love experimenting on anything....

Well, the story goes on... I am on a cooking spree again here in chennai.... May be I will consider a special blog on my recipes... Well, that will take a while... Till then whoever reading it I have one thing to say... 'Welcome Home, enjoy the food...'

************************

pic above : one of my spl chicken recipes...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All that chicken just for you?

Juby George said...

yeah.... thatz just an experiment....