Monday, August 16, 2010

Cant just wait 4 a few seconds!!??


After riding through 'reckless' hyderabadi traffic for 3 years, in my memory i was never close to any kinds of accidents... or even 'close shaves'... even when people say hyderabadies are worst in obeying traffic rules... there were moments i had cursed some of the auto-wallahs or even pedestrians.... Now, after coming to chennai i feel, they were all saints...

The traffic in chennai... hell.... and the way people obey it worse than hell... every day atleast once i do feel, 'ok, i'm done'... close to too many accidents here.... mostly by the signal... people cant just wait for the signal to go green... i am surprised at the fact that most of the signal jumping are by the bus drivers... and other 4 wheelers... a bike sneaking through is common everywhere, but the big vehicles!!!! Nobody bothers to wait a few seconds, what are they hurrying upto; wondering any1 in their deathbeds, so that they can see their face for the one last time... i dont think so.... Its in the blood to break rules... or else none will risk their life for saving few seconds...

I had lost my cool many times at the drivers who bang their horn on me for not jumping and moving ahead of the signal.... Is it a common tendency in chennai to break the traffic rules... i never see a traffic policeman on my route to campus... and people make the most of it... we cant teach any1 a lesson in this case, but there should be a common sense and wisdom in drivers... or else.... they will end up learning a lesson all my themselves...

2 comments:

--xh-- said...

and isn't it ironic that I got my first traffic challan at chennai for riding my bike in a lane marked for bus? (that is one of the only two challans I have got till now, touchwood)

Juby George said...

wish those challan givers come over to this side of chennai too....