Sunday, August 8, 2010

What I WANT vs What I NEED...


Week-ends in Chennai for me are 'movie days'... finish off all the week's downloads in one and half days... gone are the hyderabadi week-ends full of shoppings and outings... better i not mention that part again...

This week-end 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' happened to be in my list... wanted to watch that for a while, considering myself as a shopaholic.... well, the movie was terrible.... didnt stand out... The only one point it stressed 'are we really make decisions between 'what we really want' and 'what we really need'...

There are a hundred or thousand things in the world we desire on... human desires are never ending... Put me in mall with lot of cash in my card or purse... i can empty them in hours... 'cos there are a lot of things i want... thatz just human... But if i ask myself 'do i really need all these?'... may be not... We tend to spend on and on... every commercial in the TV tempt as to throw money on stuff which are not really necessary.... The only solution to this is nothing other than 'self control'... which many like me lack....

This week-end I had a difficult situation at the Mobile Store... I wanted one particular model of phone... that was in mind for a long time... but what i really needed according to my two brothers who were on phone with all the time was another one... Usually none can change my mind easily, even its difficult for me... but i did it.... gave in to desire, and bought the one which i really needed... i'm happy (next day only) so do my brothers... I watched the movie after this episode in the Store, I felt happy, I managed to make the right choice...

The world around is so tempting... it's upto us with our on choices not to fall into all the temptations... Every time u r in a dilemma, ask urself 'do i really need this?'... All you have to make is a right choice between what you really want and what you really need....

4 comments:

--xh-- said...

yeah - self control is very tough :|

ethu cell aa mediche?

Juby George said...

nokia 5230.... never wanted a full touch or even nokia.. fell in trap of the GPS, 3G....

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ said...

Umm yeah we do manage self control once in a while but we can't make all our decisions that way. I prefer the book to the movie and there isn't anything bout spending less or selling your stuff in the book :P

Juby George said...

thanks harini, for dropping by... :-)